Followers

Tuesday 26 June 2012

Decorated wooden egg crate

I had a little bit of time to myself today as my children were both on induction days at different colleges.

So, I decorated this.  We keep a few hens and my hubby put this together for our kitchen. 

I painted it white with an acrylic paint mixed with household emulsion.  Glued on the papers with a pva mixture and let it dry.  The papers were from the 'Homespun Chic' stack of papers from GCD.


I sanded the papers to soften the hard lines between the blue and white, then distressed them with faded jeans and edged it all with vintage photo,including all the white painted areas.



I then added some paper flowers and a little sign saying 'My pet makes my breakfast'.. This will sit next to the bread bin (which I also want to alter).

 
I have two/three more of these, with the egg trays in a slightly different position.
I might sell them on Etsy eventially.

No comments:

Post a Comment