Saturday, 16 March 2013

My first ever attempt at steampunk

I made this for a challenge on Emz craft swaps

I cut a piece of 8x8" cardboard from my old bigshot box and covered it with paper.  then added a  home made texture paint, made from talc, Gesso, glue and acrylic paint. (tut to follow)

I stuck chain, metal key charms, gears, and various pieces of metal into the paste and allowed it to dry. I then highlighted texture with various metallic, distress and white inks.  I inked some card and chipboard cogs and gears and stamped some of them.  Used glossy accents on some, crackle accents on a few and I left some with a dull finish.

Found the image on Pinterest again and printed it off slightly darker than the original. distresses and lightened the edges and used glossy accents on buttons and lady's nails etc.

Inked over any unfinished areas with gold, bronze, silver and platinum metallic ink pads, and once I had decided on a layout I started to glue all the components together.

I have never been so far out of my comfort zone, I had never even tried Steampunk or mixed media and had so much fun creating this, I have to thank Emz for the paper and charms etc and Janet for all the die cut gears and embossed images.  Could not have done it without you both. So glad I gave it a go. Thank you.

This is my effort 'Erzatz'

I found an online Steam Punk dictionary of words......

I love the depth that these layers created.

I love the image too.

You tube video

No comments:

Post a Comment