Sunday, 12 May 2013

Altered game pieces.

Finished one swap today, it was for UK-Ireland craft swaps and it was for 2 altered game pieces.

I started with a big blind poka chip and one of the blank jigsaw pieces.

 I drilled a hole in the big blind chip intending to hang something from it.  Of courdse I didnt!

This is wha I ended up with.

The jig saw has home made texture paste applied and once dried, layers of ink were smudged over it (spiced marmalade, antique Linen and scattered straw) stamped and inked a scallop edged circle and added some bakers twine.  Used dimenionals to stick puzzle piece to scalloped circle, added ribbon, gluing the flower bead ends down. Cala lilly, leaf  and I think the other flower is an apple blossom were glued down next and Iwrapped the lily stem around part of the jigsaw.  Added a bought sentiment 'Especially for you' and it is finished.

This one was covered in paper and drilled a hole  edged with texture past and I used plastic bling to go around the edge of the circle.  I pushed the wire from the acrylic and mesh flower through to the back and hot glued it in place, covered the stem with a card disc.  Added the burgandy maple leaf and little sentiment.

Realy simple techniques on these, 

Hope you like them Sandy,  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment