Followers

Sunday 9 June 2013

Tag tin

This was for another UK-Irelancraftswaps swap.

The idea was to decorate an appropriate tin and add 4-6 usable tags to send to your partner.
These are the tins I bought from Home-Bargains for £1.99.

I used the large tin for my tags (I ended up making seven tags)  Either I can't count or I just got carried away.

This is the top of the tin once I had finished, a little white paint a little vintage photo, a printed Image (free image from http://rosepetalsfromheaven.blogspot.co.uk/ and added a few flowers.

The colour is very washed out but you can see the lace, ribbon and trim I have used on the sides.


These are the finished tags.  All made from scraps of card and trims.

The common theme is 'Roses' but they are all different. Downloaded images that have been distressed, aged, glossy accented, braided, laced, and a flower of some sort added to each and every one.

I love the idea of making these as gifts for Christmas or even as part of a small RAK.

I made this one to send to a lady in USA as a small gift. Love the plant and wildlife  images.  I also used the butterfly image on the inside of the lid, along with some cream flat back pearl trim and a little of the lace I used around the lid.



The finished lid.  There is room for a sentiment but I didn't want to overkill.  I don't always know where to stop.  Have you noticed?




No comments:

Post a Comment