Followers

Friday 2 August 2013

Altered Corks

This was a swap I was hosting so I had sorted out corks well in advance and couldn't find them when I need them , so had to buy more.  When it came down to actually making them, I hit a brick wall,   I had no idea what I wanted to do with them, I was thinking miniature dresses as we had been making fairy dresses for a swap in September, I dithered, I dallied, I completed all swaps up to the middle of August,  I just could not get any inspiration.

I finally decided n Alice in Wonderland after seeing a friends tattoo of a white rabbit complete with pocket watch,  I fount a pic of Alice and the white rabbit, printed them on photographic paper and had to fussy cut them out. Not my favorite pass time.  I then covered the third cork to look like the mad hatters top hat,

I found charms to go with the theme and added those.

Glossy accents drying time!




Photo of actual tattoo, I coloured this using ordinary crayola coloured pencils.


 Alice was already in colour.


Mad hatters top hat  10/6


These all hang as one and I hope Naomi likes them


 You tube video 




4 comments:

  1. There stunning and love the way you added charm's
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute corks....love the Mad Hatters hat!! Found your blog over at Artsy Addicts...New follower!! TFS ~Kimi~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimi. It is a bit quiet on here atm as we are packing up to move but I do add 'bits' from time to time, Thank you for popping by and following xx

      Delete