Followers

Sunday 13 May 2012

I have entered my first challenge with an altered box.

I saw the week long challenge on my scrap room. Week 15  

Criteria was to decorate any box 6"x6" or bigger and to include wood, glass, plastic, metal and lace.

I had a wooden box that my husband had made for me sometime ago, (6.5" x 10.5")  It was just sitting in the cupboard, staring at me :)  I decided to use it and there was the wooden element done,


I covered it with paper from the GCD Lydia paper collection.  Distressed it with vintage photo and sanded some areas.  I added an edging of lace, a bronze metal filigree and a plastic button centre,  I Rub'n'buffed with black to tie in with the lace.



I kept the back simple, just a little distressed.




The spine is just a little stained applique flower and some printed and stained words to make a book title.


Inside the lid I edged a water coloured picture of the Canterbury Belle fairy.with lace and added a plastic butterfly and a glass crystal heart.  Made a flower with a glass centre and used three tiny silk buds in the top right corner.

In the box I added two paper covered chipboard shelves and 2 pieces of lace covered polystyrene, glued 4 further paper flowers (metal brad centre's) at the back.  I then added all the stick pins I had lying around (more glass).  All the distressing was done using vintage photo.

I was happy with my first ever proper altered/made item.

No comments:

Post a Comment