Followers

Tuesday 23 October 2012

Art tiles swap - UK & Ireland craft swaps

A new swap has gone up on the page and I sat chatting on Skype last night and made these.  There has to be 10 art tiles, any style, colour, shape etc.

The three on the left are made with crackle accents and are supposed to look like that. The larger jigsaw pieces came from The Works and are  between 1.5" and 2",  The squares are 1"x1" and the larger circle is 1" across, these are MDF pieces from Crafty Emblies.  The smaller circle was an offcut from something else and is 3/4" accross.   The chipboard bird is 1.5".   

I used Gesso on all the tiles first, then added some tissue like dictionary pages.  Inked them all using distress inks and Doveceaft's forest green, hot pink and red pigment inks (these are very juicy pads and make an almighty mess if you are not careful).  I then stamped a butterfly and some wording from the butterfly garden stamp set  using black stazon.  Ince all the layers were dry I added Glossy accents for the best finish,  Crackle accents, and these were pretty too.  I am experimenting with realistic water, Sculpy glaze, clear nail varnish and furniture varnish too.  
I will do a tutorial on how I did these but there is a really good one already out there.  Linda (Liveartnow) on Youtube, has a very well explained tutorial that I originally got the idea from.  This is the link  to her video, fast forward for 4 minutes and enjoy....Art tiles

No comments:

Post a Comment