Followers

Saturday 2 February 2013

Mixed Media Mosaic


MIxed Media Mosaic

I had watched a couple of videos by liveartnow on You tube and thought I would like to have a go.  This is what I came up with.




I used an old piece of thick chipboard from an old board game.  Painted it black and covered the back.
Whilst that was drying I took some more chipboard and covered it in scraps of designer papers.  Cut thos out into squares and oblongs, inked/stamped and distressed them, them painted on realistic water.  I added some old postage stamps and covered these with Glossy Accents.
Chipboard edges were all painted black.  Once I decided on a design I started to stick the tiles down using glossy accents, I filled in gaps with bronze chain, tube and seed beads.  I added charms and a few bits that meant something to me.   
The heart is also chipboard and covered with a portion of a serviette that depicted Paris.
I then used white ink to distress the edges and added black ink to make the heart stand out from the background.  Partially covered this with glossy accents and painted it roughly over the rest of the heart to leave a distressed look.






I have also used this idea for a challenge on the UK-Irelandcraftswaps Group  on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment